Peach & Avocado Porridge
- 1 ripe peach
- 120g gluten free porridge oats
- 3tbsp desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 450ml water
- 1/2 an avocado, finely sliced
- Bee pollen, flaked almonds, linseeds or other superfoods (optional)
- Chop the peach in half and remove the stone. Chop 3/4 of the flesh into 2cm cubes and place into a pan, saving the remaining 1/4 for the topping.
- Add the gluten free oats, desiccated coconut, chia seeds and half of the water to the pan and bring to a gentle simmer on a medium heat. The peach should start to break down providing some lovely natural sweetness to your porridge. When the mixture starts to thicken, add the remaining water and continue to cook until the porridge is cooked.
- While the porridge cooks, chop the avocado in half, remove the stone and peel. Finely chop one half into thin half moon shapes and set aside chopping the remainder of the peach into thin slices at the same time.
- Divide the porridge into two bowls and top with the remaining peach and avocado. Sprinkle over some crunchy toppings of your choice and add a little coconut or almond milk too if you like. The porridge should have been naturally sweetened by the peach but if you need a bit more of a sweet fix, a drizzle of agave or date syrup will do the trick.