Sweet Potato Porridge
"This nutritious twist on our breakfast favourite is one of the most popular recipes from my new book, Honestly Healthy in a Hurry! It is a wonderfully filling, quick breakfast that you can make with leftover roast potatoes. A great healthy energy giver, it is perfect for a post-workout meal." Tash x
Serves 2 | Prep Time – 10 minutes | Skill – Simple
85g roasted sweet potato (125g raw sweet potato, roasted whole)
35g carrots, grated
100ml almond or other plant milk
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp coconut oil
1 tbsp agave syrup (optional)
For the garnish (optional):
- Mash the flesh of the roasted sweet potato with a fork.
- In a saucepan, add the sweet potato mash, oats, grated carrots, almond milk, cinnamon and 275ml water and cook over a medium to high heat for 4 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut oil and serve for a warming breakfast.
- The porridge is naturally quite sweet, but if you would like that extra little edge of sweetness, add the agave syrup (date or coconut blossom syrup would also be delicious).
- Garnish with blueberries, a dusting of cinnamon and agave if you wish.
Shop your Sweet Potato Porridge Ingredients in the Marketplace: