Carrot & Halloumi Patties
Serves: 2 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 20 minutes | Cooking Skills: Moderate
"Ridiculously tasty and ideal with a salad. Get your kids involved with making them, they will love getting their hands dirty! This recipe is from my book - Honestly Healthy for Life" Tash x
For The Patties2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp fennel seed
4 large carrots, grated
40g (4) spring onions
30g coriander, roughly chopped
Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
100g Halloumi, grated
1 clove garlic, finely grated
20g red onion, grated
40g rice flour
1 egg white, whisked
4 tbsp of olive oil,
Juice of 2 limes
1 tsp of agave syrup
- Pre-heat the oven to 175°C
- In a pan, heat the olive oil and the fennel seeds for 3 minutes, take off the heat and put to one side.
- Mix all of the remaining ingredients into a separate bowl, with the fennel seed olive oil. Take a handful of the mixture, squeeze the moisture out, and make a small patty; it should fit in the palm of your hand. Transfer to a hot pan with 1 tsp sunflower oil, and sear till golden on each side. Then put into the oven to cook for 15 minutes.
- To make the dressing, simply mix all of the ingredients together until combined.
- Serve on a bed of rocket with the lime dressing.
Shop your Carrot & Halloumi Patties ingredients in our marketplace;