Chocolate Almond Cake
Simple enough to make when in a rush but delicious enough to serve for a dinner party
Nutritional Nugget Raw cacao powder is an incredible superfood and there is a reason that your body craves it from time to time. The theobromine found in raw cacao is widly thought to help with depression while it is very high in antioxidant flavanoids, sulfur and magnesium. Super delicious too!
Ingredients150g ground almonds
50g raw cacao powder
200g agave, Sweet Freedom or rice syrup
- Pre-heat oven to (180 degrees C) - separate the eggs by putting the yolk in one bowl and whites in another.
- Whisk up the egg whites until they reach stiff peaks. In the bowl with the yokes add the agave then the ground almonds and the raw cacao powder.
- Once all mixed in, gently fold the stiff egg white mixture into the yolk mixture. Once all incorporated pour mixture into a cake tin lined with baking paper. The mixture should be about 2 inches thick.
- Put into the oven for 30 minutes then check if it is ready by putting a sharp knife into the centre of the cake. If the knife comes out clean your cake is done! If not leave for another 5 minutes and check again.
- Once cooked, cut into squares and serve by itself and dust with cacao powder and sliced almonds and serve with a dollop of cashew cream!