Layered Breakfast Pot
This is a great prepare ahead breakfast. Being organised is one of the most important steps to make if you are trying to take on a healthier approach to living. There is nothing like being hungry and under prepared to make you reach for the Frosties or biscuit tin! This is the perfect recipe to take to work with you in a little jar.
Number of servings: 2
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 4 tbsp rice milk (or dairy free alternative)
- 70g porridge oats
- 1 orange – zest and juice
- 15g chopped dates
- ¼ tsp Orange blossom water
- 10g cinnamon stick (or ¼ tsp powder)
- 100ml warm water
- 1 punnet of berries
- 1 tbs bee pollen
- In a bowl, soak the chia seeds in the rice milk and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, make your Bircher muesli by placing the oats, orange zest and juice, chopped dates, and orange blossom in a bowl. Next, add the the warm water, the cinnamon stick and stir. Leave both to sit for 30 minutes or over night.
- In a glass or jar, firstly put a layer of the soaked chia seeds in, followed by a layer of the orange blossom Bircher muesli, and finally, a layer of berries on the top, before sprinkling over the bee pollen. Yum!