5 Pilates Stretches to do From HomeHamstring and It band stretch using a fitness circle
- Lie on your back with both knees bent.
- Place one foot into the ring and lengthen the leg up towards the ceiling.
- Hold the ring with both hands – palms facing you. Try and keep the knee as straight as possible and draw the leg closer into your chest on each exhale.
- Then, using the opposite hand, draw the leg across the body and up towards your shoulder. Try and keep both hips glued to the mat.
- Get on all fours and align your hands under your shoulders and your knees under your hips.
- Allow your back to assume its natural position, in Neutral Spine.
- Inhale to prepare and exhale, pull your tummy button in towards your spine, tuck your tailbone under and continue rounding through the lower and upper back making a C shape with your spine.
- Inhale, push your tailbone away and return to your neutral spine
- Sitting cross-legged and tall through your spine
- Place the circle against the breastbone and wrap your arms around the outside of the ring.
- Inhale to prepare and exhale, use your obliques (waist muscles) to twist to the right, inhale to hold and exhale slowly come back to your starting position.
- Start in a kneeling lunge position with the front foot on the floor and the back knee on the floor, hands resting on the front thigh.
- Inhale to prepare, exhale shift the weight back and extend the front knee, keeping the toes flexed up towards the ceiling. Hold for at least 15 seconds.
- Inhale and shift the weight forward back to the starting position.
By Chloe Hodgeson