Gooey Vegan Chocolate Brownies
Serving: 8 | Prep time: 20 minutes | Cooking Time: 20 minutes | Skill: Simple
"So gooey and delicious! If you haven't baked with coconut flour before you will notice it is very thick and dense so you might wonder why there is only a small amount however you don't need a lot but you do need lots of moisture so it doesn't become tacky when you eat it. The mixture will be thick when you put it into the oven. When munching on these you will be pleased to know that it is even healthy for you! packed full of protein from the walnuts, almonds, chia seeds and cashew butter. Good fats from the coconut flour, coconut oil, almonds and cashews. Even contains the superfood raw cacao which is great for boosting your immune system. " Tash x
2 tbsp chia seeds
6 tbsp water
70g cashew butter
45g coconut oil (melted over a medium heat)
45ml of rice milk
1 tbsp vanilla extract
80g organic agave syrup, coconut palm sugar, rice syrup or honey
20g ground almonds
50g raw cacao powder
30g Coconut flour
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp Himalayan salt
55g roughly chopped walnuts
- Pre-heat the oven to 175°C
- Soak the dates in a bowl of hot water for 20 minutes and then strain and discard the water.
- In a separate bowl soak the chia seeds in the 6 tbsp of water.
- In a blender put the melted coconut oil, cashew butter, rice milk, agave, vanilla essence and soaked dates and blend until smooth (a few small lump of dates is ok and will add a nice texture to the brownie).
- In a bowl weigh out the salt, baking powder, coconut flour and cacao powder.
- Pour the mixture out of the blender and combine with the flour, salt and baking powder and cacao and add the soaked chia seeds (they should have soaked up most of the water).
- Mix in the chopped nuts (optional)
- The mixture is thick so don’t expect it to be runny. Put into a lined brownie tray about 1 inch thick and put into the oven for 20 minutes.
- Take out the oven and leave to cool and enjoy the gooeyness of these heavenly chocolatey treats.