Blueberry Super Smoothie
Serves: 1 | Prep time: 35 minutes | Cooking time: 0 minutes | Cooking Skills: Simple
"Blueberries are packed full of anti-oxidents and with the added superfood powders, baobab, lucucma and beetroot. Packed full of protein which is the perfect partner for a pre or post workout smoothie" Tash x
1 cup water
70g frozen blueberries
½ tsp beetroot powder
½ tsp baobab powder
1 tsp lucuma powder
- Soak the cashews in the water for at least 30 minutes – if you don’t have a high speed blender soak for 2 hours as they will blend smoother.
- If you want to create the layers like the picture you will need to blend the blueberry mixture and the cashew milk separately. If you don’t mind you can blend all together - it will taste the same!
- Blend the frozen blueberries, beetroot powder and baobab powder until a smooth paste. Pour into the bottom of a glass – then wash the blender out.
- Pour the cashews and the water they were soaking in, into the blender with the lucuma powder and blend until a smooth milky texture. If it is too thick just add a small amount of water at a time until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Pour the ‘milk’ over the top of the blueberry mixture slowly to create the marbled effect in the glass.
- Nutritional Nugget: Cashews are a fantastic source of protein, perfect for a post work out kick - but the added bonus is 1 handful of cashews has the same mood enhancing effect as a dose of prozac!