Whole Roast Cauliflower with Sumac & Cumin
Serves: 4 | Prep time: 5 minutes | Cooking time: 35 minutes | Cooking Skills: Simple
"This dish is a really simple crowd pleaser. Cauliflower can be daunting to cook, I created this simple recipe to help get you started and hopefully fall in love with this delicious vegetable. Sumac is one of those spices I love to use, you can miss it out and try 1 tbsp tamari or a wheat free soya sauce instead." Tash x
Ingredients1 whole cauliflower
4 cloves whole garlic (skins on)
1 large or 2 Small onions
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp sumac
Pinch Himalayan salt
1/2 tbsp sunflower oil
2 large handfuls of lambs lettuce
1 large handful of rocket
50ml olive oil
1tsp agave syrup
1clove garlic finely chopped
1 handful finely chopped parsley
Juice of1/2 a lemon
1/2 tsp sumac
- Part boil the whole cauliflower in a deep pan covering as much of the cauliflower as possible with the water. Boil on a medium heat for two minutes. Then turn the cauliflower upside down and boil for a further two minutes.
- Remove the cauliflower from the pan and pat dry with a kitchen towel before placing it in a baking tray with the garlic cloves.
- Next, chop the onion(s) into half moons and place in the baking tray with the cauliflower and garlic.
- Rub the spices, salt and sunflower oil all over the cauliflower and leaving a little of the spices to sprinkle over the onions and garlic.
- Add the water to the bottom of the baking tray and bake in the oven for half an hour.
- Meanwhile make your dressing by combining all of the ingredients in a jug stirring well.
- Once the cauliflower is soft (a knife should pierce it smoothly), remove it from the oven. Place over the bed of lambs lettuce and rocket (or salad of your choice) and sprinkle the onions and garlic on top. Drizzle the dressing all over to finish and enjoy.