Serves: 2 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 10 minutes | Skill: Moderate
For the Pancakes:70g (2¾oz/½ cup) buckwheat flour
70g (2¾oz/½ cup) rice flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp Himalayan pink salt
300ml (½ pint/scant 1¼ cups) Brown Rice Milk
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp sunflower oil, plus extra for greasing
1 tbsp rice syrup
For the Compote:200g (7oz/generous ¾ cup) blackberries rinsed and drained
2 tsp water
- Place the buckwheat flour, rice flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and mix well.
- Place the milk, lemon juice, sunflower oil and rice syrup in another bowl and mix well, then stir into the dry ingredients and mix gently until just combined, being careful not to over mix.
- Wipe a frying pan lightly with oil and heat over a medium heat.
- Place a poachette ring or pastry ring in the pan and ladle in 1 tablespoon of the pancake mixture. Cook until air bubbles start to appear on the surface of the pancake. Do not turn until this point.
- Remove the mould, turn the pancake and cook for about 1 minute on the other side, until set. Repeat until all the mixture is used and cooked.
- Serve in a stack, layered with the compote (see below) a sprinkling of blueberries and soya yogurt, or with fresh fruit and agave syrup to accompany.
- To make the compote, place the ingredients in a pan over a low heat. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the berries are lovely and soft. Blend the compote until smooth and drizzle over your pancakes.
Shop your ingredients in the Honestly Healthy Larder: