Stuffed Superfood Sweet Potatoes
Serves: 2 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 50 minutes | Cooking Skills: Simple
Sweet potatoes are high in beta-carotene and vitamin A which are a rich anti-oxidants. This is such a favourite recipe for those who follow the website - perhaps because it is so packed with nutritious plant based ingredients!
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic grated
- ¼ cup of water
- 60g broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper cubed
- 20g parsley finely chopped
- ¼ tsp caraway seeds
- 1 lemon - juice & zest
- 7g fresh dill
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- Optional: 20g Feta Cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 175°C / 350°F
- Smother the whole sweet potatoes in 1 tbsp of melted coconut oil and a pinch of salt and put onto a tray in the oven for 50 minutes, or until the inside is soft when you put a knife into it.
- Take the sweet potato out the oven and cut it open length ways down the centre. Open the potato without ripping the rest of the skin and scoop out the flesh and set aside in a bowl.
- In a frying pan, heat the rest of the coconut oil with the grated garlic and caraway seeds. Leave to cook for 1 minute. Add half of the water and add the chopped broccoli florets, cubed bell pepper and parsley. Leave to cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the juice of the lemon and the flesh of the sweet potato, mix together and continue to cook for another 2 minutes until incorporated. Add the rest of the water to ‘loosen’ the mixture up and add the lemon zest and chopped fresh dill. Season with Himalayan salt.
- Carefully stuff the mixture back into the potato skins and serve with a sprinkle of sprouts or herbs to garnish. You could also add some feta to the top.