The Ultimate Chocolate Cake
Ingredients50g rice flour
50g teff flour
50g millet flour
50g raw cacao powder
100g coconut palm sugar
½ tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
¼ cup agave
3 tbsp instant barley coffee in 30ml warm water
100g coconut oil (solid form)
100g coconut manna
20g cacao powder
- Pre-heat oven to 175°C
- Sieve the rice, teff and millet flour with the raw cacao into a bowl and mix in the coconut palm sugar, xanthan gum and bicarbonate of soda and set aside.
- In two new bowls, separate the egg whites from the yolks and whisk the whites until they reach stiff peaks.
- Mix the egg yolks, agave and instant coffee together (make sure the water is not too hot as you will scramble the eggs)
- Mix the egg yolk mixture into the flours then gently fold in the whisked egg whites.
- Place the mixture into a 10inch tin and bake for around 22 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- To make the icing put all the ingredients into a high speed blender and mix until a smooth velvety texture. If you leave this out it will get hard and become more like a hardened butter icing sugar so if you want it soft make just before you serve.
- I like to cut the cake in half to create two layers. To do this, just carefully cut horizontally through the centre of the cake with a bread knife when it has cooled.
- Spread a layer of icing between the two layers and then another on the top.
- Serve warm as its at its best!