Nutty Cacao & Banana Porridge
Number of servings: 2
Maca powder is very high in potassium, iron, magnesium and zinc. We need iron for the transport of oxygen around our bodies so Maca powder is a fantastic energy food and is known to help restore the balance of hormones in our bodies too. Raw cacao is a superfood too so all the more benefits rolled into one energy boosting porridge
For the porridge1 cup gluten free rolled oats
1 tsp coconut oil
1.5 tsp Maca powder
1 tbsp ground flax seeds
1 cup water (or almond/rice milk)
1/2 banana mashed or finely chopped
1/2 tsp raw cacao (or 1 tsp ground cinnamon)
For the crunchy nut topping1/4 cup flaked almonds
1/4 cup hazlenuts
1 tsp sunflower oil
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp rice syrup
- Pre-heat the oven to 175°C
- Start by mixing all of the ingredients for the crunchy nut topping in a bowl so that the nuts are well coated in the oil and rice syrup. Place them in the oven and toast for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Place all of your porridge ingredients into a pan and leave to soak for 10 minutes.
- Heat the porridge through on a medium heat for around 2-3 minutes until it starts to thicken. If it gets a little too thick, just add a little more water.
- Once the nuts have cooled they should have gone a little crunchy. Chop them up a bit if they have stuck together.
Serve the porridge in a bowl with a sprinkling of the sweetened nuts over the top and a shot of liquid chlorophyll on the side. You can make up a bigger batch of the nuts - just increase the quantities.