Almond Berry Cake
Serves 10 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 20 minutes | Skill: Easy
This is another recipe from our second cookbook "Honestly Healthy For Life,' and is a staple in my house. If I have a craving for something sweet, I rustle this up in two seconds - next thing I know I am everyones favourite person!
- 1 punnet raspberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup agave syrup
- 3/4 cups vegan butter
- 3 1/3 cups ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds to garnish
- 2 1/2 cups blackberries to serve
- 40g almonds for garnish
- 1 punnet blackberries to serve
- Pre-heat your oven to 175°C and line a 10inch baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place the raspberries in a pan with the water and vanilla extract, bring to a gentle simmer on a medium heat for 7-8 mins and then blend up into a compote until smooth (or use a whisk if you don't have one). Set aside in a bowl and leave to cool.
- Whisk the eggs and agave syrup together and in a separate bowl, mix the butter and the ground almonds together. Then mix the egg mixture into the almond mixture, adding the baking powder and the raspberry puree to the mix.
- Pour the mixture into the lined baking tray, scatter the flaked almonds on top, and then pop into your pre-heated oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare you blackberries and a piece of tin foil (large enough to cover the cake) ready.
- Then, as quickly as you possibly can, take the cake out of the oven, pop the blackberries on top of the half baked cake, cover with tinfoil and put back into the oven for 20mins.
- After 20mins, take the cake out of the oven, and if a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean, it will be ready. Leave to cool on a cooling rack, and then enjoy!
Shop your Almond Berry cake in the marketplace