Asian Oyster Mushroom & Daikon Salad
Serves: 1 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 20 minutes | Cooking Skills: Moderate
"A fresh and zesty salad that is packed full of flavour and is seriously alkaline." Tash x
For The Salad160g spiralized daikon
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 clove grated garlic
5g ginger sliced
1/2 tsp mirin
1/2 tsp caraway seeds
1.5 cups of water
60g sweet potato, grated
50g oyster mushrooms
1 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp coconut oil
Dressing1 tbsp olive oil
2g diced chili
5g fresh chopped coriander
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp rice wine vinegar
pinch pink salt
Optional: Golden linseeds and extra coriander for garnish
- Spiralise your daikon and put to one side in a bowl.
- In a frying pan put your sesame oil, grated garlic, ginger slices, mirin and caraway seeds. Turn onto a medium heat and sauté for in total 2 minutes.
- Every 20 seconds add 1/4 cup of water to cool down the pan and create more liquid into the mixture.
- After the 2 minutes add the grated sweet potato and stir for 1 minute then add another 1/4 cup of water and add the oyster mushrooms. Once you have added the oyster mushrooms sauté for a further 2 minutes adding another 14 cup of water. Take off the heat and put the contents into another bowl. Squeeze the lime over the kale with 1 tsp olive oil and a pinch of salt and massage until it starts to wilt and become soft.
- Using the same frying pan heat the coconut oil until it melts and add your massaged kale to the pan for 1 minute 30 seconds. Then take off the heat and add to the bowl with your daikon noodles.
- To make the dressing put all ingredients into a glass and mix together. Pour over the noodles and mix in.
- To serve put the noodles and kale onto a plate and then place the carrot and mushrooms over the top. You can garnish with some golden flax seed and fresh coriander if you wish.