Rhubarb & Blueberry Crumble
Number of servings: 4
Nothing says comfort or Sunday lunch better than a crumble. Rhubarb grows brilliantly in the UK and requires very little attention. Try planting some and make up a batch of this for the ultimate satisfaction of eating food from your own garden!
Ingredients160g Rhubarb cut into 2 cm slices
¼ cup water
2 tbsp xylitol
For The Crumble:120g oats
15g coconut palm sugar
2 tbsp coconut oil solid
2 tbsp rice syrup
2 tbsp coconut flour
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C
- Put the chopped rhubarb, water and xylitol into a pan and simmer on a medium heat for 5 minutes. Next, add the blueberries and continue cooking for a further 3-4 minutes. If it starts to get too dry add 2-3 tbsp water to the mixture.
- Make the crumble by putting all ingredients into a bowl and massaging together with your hands and finger tips until everything is completely mixed together.
- Put the rhubarb mixture into a oven proof dish about 20cm x 10cm wide and sprinkle the crumble evenly over the top.
- If you are making this before a party or event you can leave it at this point and cover.
- When ready to cook, put the crumble in the oven for 10 -15 minutes until heated through and the top goes golden brown. Serve with either some coconut yoghurt of raw vanilla ice-cream (try Booja Booja for a great cows dairy free alternative!)