Grilled Juicy Grapefruit
Grapefruits are one of the most alkaline of fruits along with lemons and limes. We get ours from our local vegetable wholesaler and they are so incredibly sweet and juicy. If you are craving a sweet fix in the evening this is the perfect 5 minute dish to perk you up while it works brilliantly for breakfast too!
- 1 grapefruit, halved
- 1 tsp coconut palm sugar
- 2 tbsp pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp coconut yoghurt
- Slice the grapefruit in half and carefully, with a small knife, cut around each of the triangular segments until they become loose.
- Sprinkle the coconut palm sugar evenly over the top of the flesh of the grapefruit halves and repeat with the cinnamon.
- Roughly chop the pistachios and sprinkle them evenly over each half.
- Place the grapefruits under the grill for 3-4 minutes (remove the pistachios if they seem to be browning too quickly).
- Remove from the oven and serve either by themselves or with a dollop of coconut or cows dairy free yoghurt. If you are having it for dessert, you could even go with a scoop of dairy free vanilla ice cream.