Curried Sweet Potato With Fresh Herbs
Serving: 2 | Cooking time: 23 minutes | Skill: Easy
"Sweet potatoes are packed full of Vitamin C & Beta Carotene. Similar recipes can be found in my 2nd cookbook Honestly Healthy For Life." Tash x
Ingredients350g (12oz) sweet potato, peeled and cut into 3cm cubes
120ml (4fl oz) sunflower oil
2 tsp brown mustard seeds
2 tsp ground turmeric
2 tsp ground curry powder
2 tbsp finely grated/chopped ginger
2 tbsp finely grated/chopped garlic
1/2–1 tsp Celtic sea salt
2 white onions, finely chopped
15g (1/2oz) coriander, freshly chopped
15g (1/2oz) parsley, freshly chopped
- Lightly steam the sweet potato until tender and set aside. You don't want it too soft or it will become a mushy ball when mixed together.
- Heat the oil in a wok on high heat and stir-fry the mustard seeds until they just pop.
- Next add in the turmeric, curry powder, ginger and garlic .
- Stir in the sea salt and onions and cook until the onions are translucent.
- Remove from the heat and mix through your freshly chopped herbs.
- Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl and fold through the sweet potato until uniformly coated with the mixture.
- Serve with rice or a delicious green salad - you could even add them to a gluten free wrap with some dairy free tzatziki.