Choc Chip Brownies & Chocolate Sauce
This mouth watering gooey chocolate brownie is so simple and easy to make and utterly delicious. We love to use a sugar free, raw dark chocolate for the sauce so enjoy as a yummy desert or a naughty but nice snack.
Number of servings: 4
For the brownies:
- 70g dates
- 1 cup boiling water
- 100g agave syrup
- 50g raw cacao powder
- 80g rice flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 80g sugar free raw chocolate
- 12 tbsp agave
- 4 tbsp raw cacao powder
- Pre-heat oven to 170 deg.
- Soak the dates in the boiling water for 10 minutes
- Blend up the dates with the water into a thick paste. I like it a little chunky so you get the texture when you bite into the brownie. Leave to cool as you don’t want to put anything hot into the egg mixture and for it to scramble. You should be able to dip your finger in and for it to be warm not hot.
- Sieve the rice flour and raw cacao powder into a bowl and mix in the baking powder.
- Whisk up the eggs and add the vanilla essence, agave and mix well.
- Slowly fold in the flour and cacao mixture until its completely incorporated.
- Break up the chocolate into small chips and mix into the brownie mixture.
- Put into a lined baking tray approximately 6inch so that the mixture is around 1.5 inches thick.
- Put into the oven for 12-16 minutes or until the skewer comes out clean. I like to under cook my brownies so they are really gooey. I found that 14 minutes was perfect!
- To make the sauce put in the agave and raw cacao into a pan and mix together while on the heat for about 1 minute. You don’t want it to be boiling or bubbling just loose enough to be a syrup.
- Serve the brownie with the sauce over the top.