Blueberry & Courgette Muffins
These make a great breakfast on the go, or the perfect afternoon treat with a cup of herbal tea.
Number of servings: 12
Ingredients90g ground almonds
70g rice flour
200g buckwheat flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp Himalayan salt
250ml brown rice milk
80ml coconut oil melted
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 courgette, grated
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C
- In a bowl, put the ground almonds, rice flour, buckwheat flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and Himalayan salt and mix together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and add the brown rice milk then whisk in the melted coconut oil, agave, vanilla essence and mix together until combined, then mix in the grated courgette and blueberries.
- Next, pour in the wet ingredients into the mixed dry flours and mix until combined.
- Put muffin cases into the tin and spoon in the mixture almost to the tops of the muffin cases.
- Put into the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool in the muffin tin and then transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely before eating.
Shop your Muffins in the Marketplace;