Rose & Pistachio Raw Chocolate
Serves: 2-4 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Freezing time: 10 minutes | Cooking Skills: Moderate
"I love making raw chocolate. I made a large batch the other day and when I opened my fridge the whole batch was all gone! Mr B is a piggy and a big fan! Raw chocolate is full of anti-oxidants. With no refined sugar or dairy it is a healthier alternative. Cacao is also a natural happy stimulant." Tash x
100g raw cacao butter
25g raw cacao powder
4 tbsp coconut blossom nectar (or agave syrup, honey or rice syrup)
¼ tsp rose water (optional)
25g almonds (optional nut)
12g pistachios (optional nut)
Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
Dried rose petals to garnish
- Melt the raw cacao butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Once melted, leave to cool for about 5 minutes before mixing through the raw cacao powder with a spoon. Once fully incorporated, add the coconut blossom nectar (or agave) and rose water and whisk into the chocolate so that the syrup doesn’t just sink to the bottom of the bowl.
- Line either a tin or plate with sides (I used a 7inch long by 3inch wide loaf tin) with baking paper and pour the chocolate in.
- Roughly cut up the almonds and pistachios and randomly drop them into the chocolate.
- Put the tin/plate into the freezer for 10 minutes then pull out and sprinkle a few more of the nuts onto the top with the rose petals and a sprinkling of pink salt. Then put back into the freezer for 1 hour or until set.
- Keep in the freezer or fridge until its ready to be eaten. Enjoy!