Coconut Oil & Summer Berry Porridge
Serves: 1-2 | Prep time: 0 minutes | Cooking time: 15 minutes | Cooking Skills: Simple
This is such a deliciously fresh porridge and when it is as hot as it has been, I like enjoying it just warm. If you have not added coconut oil to your porridge I really suggest you give it a go. Not only is it incredibly good for you but it makes the porridge so velvety smooth.
For the Porridge
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1.5 cups water
- 2tbsp coconut oil
- 1tbsp coconut yoghurt (optional)
- 1/2 a cup of almond milk
For the Blueberry Sauce
- 1/2 a cup of blueberries
- 2tbsp water
- Handful of fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup of warm toasted almonds, roughly chopped
- Sprinkling of bee pollen (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 175 degrees C and gently toast the almonds for around 3 minutes and set aside.
- In a small pan, combine the oats and water and set on a gentle heat until the water has absorbed. Stir through the coconut oil until it is melted and mixed through the porridge. Next add your almond milk and coconut yoghurt and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place the blueberries and water in a separate small pan and simmer on a gentle heat until the blueberries break down and you get a thick, delicious blueberry sauce.
- Stir the blueberry sauce through the porridge and sprinkle the toppings over the top - strawberries, black or red currants would be delicious too.