Baked Bananas with Raw Chocolate Sauce
Serving: 2 | Prep time: 5 minutes | Cooking time: 15 minutes | Skill: Easy
"Who doesn't love baked bananas?! Rich with potassium and without the refined sugar laden chocolate too!" Tash x
Ingredients2 ripe bananas
1tsp ground cinnamon
55g raw cacao butter
3tbsp raw cacao powder
30g agave syrup
1/4tsp vanilla extract
Sprinkling of flaked almonds or chopped nuts (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 175°C or get the BBQ nice & hot
- Wrap each of the bananas in tinfoil and bake in the oven for around 15 minutes until blackened and almost soft.
- Remove the tinfoil and cut lengthways down the bananas and sprinkle the cinnamon onto the flesh of the bananas and return to the oven to cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Melt the raw cacao butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Next mix in the cacao powder. Once incorporated, add the agave and vanilla extract and combine.
- Remove the bananas from the oven and drizzle over the raw chocolate and a few flaked almonds or chopped nuts and enjoy that taste of childhood!