Beat the Bloat!
Bloating is one of the most common problems that people come to us with. It’s hardly surprising really considering the modern day diet! Here are the top 10 best foods & drinks to beat the bloat!
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes a day. Not only will this make you feel better about any excess weight that you are worried about but it also helps gas to move along the digestive tract & flushes out excess salt (which is a big cause of bloating).
- Drinking more water will actually help – again this is because it helps to flush out excess salt (often imbibed with processed foods). It also helps to flush out waste and helps with constipation which is another big factor in the bloat.
- Cut back on gassy foods like beans, cauliflower, cabbage etc. Meat can also take up to 90 hours to even partially digest – a big player in the bloat barometer.
- Stress can also play a big factor in bloating. Try to take some time every day to relax and be quiet. It is also important to take magnesium, vitamin B5 and also vitamin C as these will help with both your stress & bloating.
- Antibiotics can also be a big cause of bloating as they can kill off some of the good bacteria in our stomachs. Counteract this by taking some probiotics – we like Optibac.
- Both bloating and water retention can also come about from an acidic diet. Excess processed foods, meat, cows dairy & gluten places added stress onto the body & thus causes inflammation. Alkalizing your diet is one of the best things that you can do to help with bloating & water retention.
- Try taking a digestive enzyme – these enzymes should help the body to break down fat, carbohydrate, soluble fibre, starch, milk sugar and complex sugars and help you out a litte. Try Udo’s Choice.