Pumpkin & Lentil Soup
Serving: 2| Cooking time: 50 minutes | Skill: Easy
"I love having this soup inside a baked pumpkin - it makes the best Halloween dinner." Tash x
Ingredients850g peeled pumpkin in 2inch chunks
1 clove garlic chopped
1tsp fennel seeds
1 tbsp sunflower oil
Generous pinch of pink Himalayan salt
500ml boiling water
1tbsp vegetable Boullion powder
90g red lentils
1 piece of Kombu seaweed
- Sautéed the garlic in the sunflower oil with the fennel seeds, cumin and Himalayan salt for 1 minute. Add the pumpkin and coat it with the spices. Add all the stock and leave on a medium to high heat for 12 minutes.
- Pour into a blender and blend until smooth. (You can enjoy like this or carry on to the lentil stage!)
- Pour the soup back into the pan and on a medium heat add the lentils and piece of Kombu leave to cook for 20 minutes.
- Add 60ml water and cook for another 20 minutes. Take off the heat and take the Kombu out and serve hot.
- If you want to serve inside a squash. Buy an onion squash and put into the oven at 180°C for 1 hour. Slice the top off and scoop out the seeds and the pour the soup inside.