Rosemary and Apple Crumble
Serving: 4 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 20 minutes | Skill: Easy
"Try this winner for a Sunday lunch. The rosemary and apple combination works so well. Try it with dairy free ice cream or a dollop of coconut yoghurt. Pears have peptin which helps to draw the toxins out of the body." Tash x
For the filling140g apples chopped in 3cm cubes
240g pears chopped in 3cm cubes
½ tsp cinnamon
2g fresh rosemary
¾ cup of water
2 tbsp vegan butter or coconut oil
80g porridge oats
40g coconut flour
15g coconut palm sugar
- Put the apples, pears, cinnamon, rosemary and water into a pan and leave to stew on a medium heat for 2 minutes until the apples start to soften.
- Take off the heat and divide into ¾ ramekins.
- To make the crumble put all ingredients into a bowl and mix together with your fingertips until it reaches a breadcrumb like texture.
- Scoop the crumble over the top of the ramekins to cover the filling. Put into the oven for 20 minutes until the topping starts to brown.
- Take out the oven and serve with a scoop of raw vanilla ice-cream or cashew cream.