Protein Packed Mexican Scrambled Eggs
Serves: 1 | Prep time: 0 minutes | Cooking time: 5 minutes | Cooking Skills: Simple
"Classic eggs and avocado combination and with each ingredient being packed with essential proteins, together they make a pretty awesome breakfast. Add a little chilli and coriander for a little Mexican feast!" Tash x
- 2 free range organic eggs
- Sprinkling of black Pepper
- Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- Small handful of roughly chopped coriander
- ½ avocado
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Finely chopped fresh chilli to taste
- Crack the eggs into a measuring jug. Add a tiny pinch of salt and pepper, then use a fork to beat them together well.
- Put a medium saucepan over a low heat and pour the eggs in immediately. Stir slowly with a wooden spoon, or a spatula if you've got one, so you can get right to the edges of the pan.
- Keep gently stirring until the eggs look silky, slightly runny and slightly underdone, and then remove from the heat – the heat of the pan will continue to cook the eggs to perfection. Stir through the coriander just before you serve.
- Squeeze the lemon over the avocado and serve for a perfect breakfast – have with gluten free toast as well and with that chilli sprinkled over the top for a little added Mexican spice.