Serves: 4 | Prep time: 5 minutes | Cooking time: 40 minutes | Cooking Skills: Simple
This Honestly Healthy Celeriac Soup is simple enough to make when in a rush, but delicious enough to serve for a dinner party. Celeriac is one of my all time favourite vegetables, making this a hearty and filling, highly alkaline soup. This recipe is from my book 'Honestly Healthy for Life.'
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1tbs vegetable Bouillon powder
- 800ml (2 ¼) cups water
- 1 bulb of fennel (quartered and roasted at 175°C for 30 minutes)
- 3tbs Sunflower Oil
- 900g celeriac chopped into 2cm cubes
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1tbs umeboshi plum
- Zest of 1 orange
- In a pan on a medium heat, sauté your chopped onion and garlic for 2 minutes, or until the onions are translucent. Dissolve the Bouillon powder in 50ml of water and add to the pan, simmering on a medium heat, for a further 2 minutes.
- Add a further 240ml of water and leave to simmer for another 2 minutes. Next, drop your chopped celeriac & roasted fennel into the pan and cover with the remaining water. Leave to cook on a medium heat for 40 minutes, until the vegetables have softened and the celeriac can be crushed with the back of your spoon.
- Add your coconut milk and your umeboshi plum.
- Transfer the mixture to a high speed blender, and blitz until completely smooth. Serve with grated zest of orange over the top.
Shop your celeriac soup ingredients here;