Parsnip and Sage Stuffing Salad
Serves: 2 | Prep time: 5 minutes | Cooking time: 30 minutes | Cooking Skills: Simple
Ingredients2tbsp coconut oil
1/2 white onion diced
1 clove garlic
1 large sliced leek
1 stick celery
8g sage leaves
150g cooked pealed chestnuts
zest of 1 orange
pinch pink salt
ground pepper to taste
sesame seeds for garnish
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg.
- Slice the parsnips length ways into quarters.
- Add a 1 tbsp sunflower oil and a pinch of pink salt and put into the oven for 30 minutes or until soft.
- Put the coconut oil in the pan to melt and sauté the onion and garlic for 2 minutes until the oil starts to absorb.
- Add 3 tbsp water and thinly sliced celery and leek for 2 minutes until they become soft.
- Chop the chestnuts into quarters.
- Add 3 more tbsp. water with the chopped sage leaves and chestnuts.
- Stir in the orange zest and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 3 tbsp water and stir in the parsley.
- Serve with the roasted parsnips and salad leaves garnish with sesame seeds.