Christmas Leftover Wraps
Serving: 4 | Cooking time: 25 minutes | Skill: Moderate
"Between Christmas dinners, lunches and various meals you always have a load of healthy leftovers. With this recipe you can use them to make something easy, healthy and inexpensive that even kids will go crazy for? My very simple Christmas Leftover Wraps." Tash x
- For the wrap:
- 150g gluten free all purpose flour
- ¾ tsp xanthan gum
- ½ cup of warm water
- 2 tbsp beetroot powder
- For the filling:
- 150g Brussels sprouts
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 tbsp cranberry sauce – from the recipe
- 20g chestnuts
- 30g fresh spinach
- Orange zest
- For the Dressing:
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 lemon juice
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- Pre-heat oven to 175°C /350 F
- Cut the ends of the Brussels sprouts and chop in half lengthways. Put into a baking tray and add the finely diced garlic. Roast for 25 minutes.
- To make the wraps, weigh out the flour and xanthan gum and mix together. Make a well in the middle of the mixture and pour in the warm water and mix together until it makes a dough. Add the beetroot powder and kneed into the dough on a floured surface - you don’t want to mix too much if you want the marbled effect when rolled out.
- Sprinkle the surface with some more flour and cut the dough into 4 identical sized pieces. Roll out each one till about 2mm thick – then thinner the better.
- Put a non-stick frying pan onto a high heat. When the pan is very hot, wipe it with oil (this is just for a coating make sure there are no blobs anywhere) then put the rolled out dough into the pan and leave to cook for about 1 minute on either side – it will start to create little bubbles and brown. Take off the heat and repeat with the other rolled out dough.
- To make the dressing put all the ingredients into a bowl and whisk together with a fork – if it looks like it is curdling just keep mixing it will come together into a smooth creamy dressing. If it is too thin just add more tahini and if too thick add a splash more water.
- For the filling lay out the wrap and smear with a tablespoon of freshly made cranberry sauce down the middle. Then place on top a few spinach leaves and your Brussels sprouts followed by the chopped chestnuts, orange zest and a drizzle of dressing.
- Roll up and enjoy your Christmas left overs in a wrap!