Turmeric & Lemon Pancakes
Serves: 1-2 | Prep time: 5 minutes | Cooking time: 10minutes | Cooking Skills: Simple
"These delicious pancakes are full of delicious turmeric which is good immune boosting and increasing energy. I like mine with just a drizzle of coconut blossom syrup and and squeeze of lemon. Enjoy them as a wrap instead of bread for lunch with a delicious nutritious salad." Tash x
Ingredients100g gluten free flour
250ml rice milk
1 tsp syrup – rice syrup, agave or coconut palm syrup, raw honey (leave out if doing savoury pancakes)
1 tsp sunflower oil
1 inch fresh grated turmeric
1 lemon zest
- Weigh out the flour. In a separate bowl whisk the egg with the rice milk and sunflower oil. Grate in the fresh turmeric and lemon zest and mix together
- Sieve the flour into the wet slowly until all is mixed together.
- Heat up a good non stick pan and put a tsp of sunflower or coconut oil and wait until the pan gets really hot. Test this by dropping a tiny amount of the mixture into the pan if it starts to sizzle the pan is hot enough.
- The mixture makes 3 pancakes (3 ladles worth) Ladle the first batch into the pan making sure it is spread evenly and thinly.
- Leave to cook until the bubbles come through and the other side is golden brown and you can move the pancake with a spatula or by shaking the pan. Either flip it over or get a large spatula and flip it over with that. Leave to go golden on the other side and then put on to a plate.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Serve with the juice of the lemon and a drizzle of syrup of your choice.
- For a savoury pancake add toppings of your choice once they are cooked. (cheese, tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms)
Shop your ingredients in our Marketplace: