Raw white chocolate mousse
Serves: 2 | Prep time: 2 hours | Cooking time: 10 minutes | Cooling time: 6 hours | Cooking Skills: Moderate
This is the ultimate indulgent recipe follow on from my raw chocolate avocado mousse recipe I wrote in my first book. I have been working with BRITA to bring you this simple and amazing recipe for their #BetterwithBRITA campaign. I can't wait to see what you think of this one!
- 100g cashews
- ½ cup BRITA filtered water
- 25g raw cacao butter
- 200g coconut cream (top of coconut milk )
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 vanilla pod (seeds)
- 4 tbsp powdered agave sugar or stevia*
- Soak the cashews in the BRITA filtered water for 2 hours.
- Melt the raw cacao butter over a Bain Marie and leave to cool.
- Drain the cashews and put them into a blender. Add the cacao butter, coconut cream and blend until smooth. Add the melted coconut oil with the seeds from the vanilla pod and the powdered sugar and blend again. Blend until is completely smooth like velvet.
- Pour the mixture into 2 small ramekins or cups and put into the fridge to set for 6-8 hours or until solid.
- Take out the fridge for 1 hour before serving so it becomes a softer consistency.
- Garnish with berries or bee pollen for a beautiful finish.
*if using stevia pleas adjust the quality to taste as stevia is much stronger than agave sugar. If you can't find either use agave or honey syrup.