Cambodian Amouk Curry
Serves: 3 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 15 minutes | Cooking Skills: Simple
"I learnt how to make this delicious fragrant curry at the amazing Song Saa Private Island resort in Cambodia. I have placed a healthy twist to this much loved local dish." Tash x
2 cloves garlic
3 kaffir lime leaves
½ tsp galangal
1 tsp fresh turmeric
½ tbsp. rice wine vinegar
¼ tsp coconut palm sugar
For the curry:
1 tbsp coconut oil
195g sweet potato 1 cm cube
190g cauliflower florets
300g coconut milk
- In blender put all the ingredients for the paste and blend until thinly chopped. Add two tbsp. sunflower oil if it needs it to make more of a paste.
- In a deep frying pan put the coconut oil and leave to melt. Add the paste and cook for 2 minutes till the spices cook off.
- Add the sweet potato and cover them with the paste. Add the coconut milk and leave to boil for 6 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and leave for another 3 minutes until all veg are soft. Add the fresh coriander and stir through.
- Take off the heat and serve by itself or with brown rice.