Asian Quinoa Stir-Fry
Serves: 2-3 | Prep time: 5 minutes | Cooking time: 25 minutes | Cooking Skills: Simple
"I wrote this recipe for BBC Good Food magazine in January for their 3 day Alkaline Cleanse. This is simply delicious and very easy to throw together. Its a great left over meal that is nourishing and cleansing." Tash x
Image is thanks to BBC Good Food Magazine
Ingredients100g dried quinoa
½ red onion thinly sliced
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 clove garlic grated
½ tsp ground coriander
1 inch ginger grated
2 tbsp tamari
1 red pepper
90g green beans
35g fresh coriander
3 tbsp sesame seeds
1 ½ cups water
2 limes juice and zest
pinch Himalayan salt
2 tbsp sesame oil
½ clove garlic
½ tsp brown rice vinegar
1 tsp tamari
- Cook the quinoa according to packet instructions and leave to cool.
- Prep your vegetables before you start to cook. Slice your peppers and courgettes and cut the green beans in half.
- In a large frying pan or wok pour in the sesame oil, onion, garlic, ginger, ground corriander and 1 tbsp tamari and sauté on a medium to high heat for 2 minutes until the moisture starts to evaporate and then add 3 tbsp water. Leave to sauté for another 1 minute and add the pepper.
- Continue to sauté for another 2 minutes and then add ¼ cup water and 1 tbsp tamari. Sauté for another 2 minutes and add another ¼ cup water. This helps to layer the flavours.
- After another 2 minutes add the green beans and another ½ cup water.
- After another 2 mintud the courgette ½ cup water and 1 tbsp tamari, leave to cook for 3 minutes and take off the heat and then stir in the coriander.
- Wiz up the dressing by putting all the ingredients into a blender and blend. Mix the cooked quiona into the sautéed vegetables and add the dressing and mix together with the sesame seeds.
- Serve with a garnish of corriader and a sprinkle of sesame seeds over the top.