My Favourite Granola
Serves: 1 large kilner jar | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 15 minutes | Cooking Skills: Simple
"From my second book Honestly Healthy for Life. This is one of the best ways to start the day. Make a big batch up and store it in a kilner jar or tupperwear for a month it lasts for ages." Tash x
500g Gluten free jumbo oats
100ml Agave or rice syrup
80ml Sunflower oil
1 tsp Ground cinnamon
50g Pumpkin seeds
50g Sunflower seeds
80g Whole raw almonds
20g Sesame seeds
100g Dried apricot
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Pre-heat oven on to 150 degrees fan
- Put the oats into a large bowl and coat them with the sunflower oil, agave, cinnamon and sesame seeds.
- Scatter the oats evenly over the baking tray and put into the oven.
- After 10mins they should be golden on top, take them out the oven and ‘stir’ them around so that the oats that haven’t yet gone golden have a chance in the oven again.
- Once all the oats are nice and golden scatter your seeds and nut over the top of the oats and bake for a further 8mins.
- Take out the oven, and cool, when cool add the dried apricot in and store in a sealed container