Pesto roasted sweet potato and courgettes
Serving: 2| Cooking time: 30 minutes | Skill: Easy
"This is a really is super quick and easy to make. If you haven't got cashews to hand you could use pine nuts, walnuts or almonds for a variation in flavour." Tash x
Ingredients270g sweet potato
1/3 cup water
15g fresh oregano
¼ tsp olive oil oil
1 clove garlic grated
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
20g chopped parsley
- Pre-heat oven to 180deg.
- Peal the sweet potato and chop into chunks about 3 cm sq.
- Chop the courgette into diagonal 2cm wide slices. Cover the sweet potato with 1 tbsp sunflower oil into the oven for 25 minutes and then add the courgette in for another 20 minutes.
- In the mean time make the pesto by soaking the cashews in the water for 30 minutes.
- Then blend with the remaining water, parsley, oregano, olive oil, salt, grated garlic and nutritional yeast. Blend until a textured consistency. Then chop through the remaining 20g parsley.
- Take the veg out of the oven and mix the pesto all over the vegetables and serve with a fresh salad or use as a perfect side dish.