Miso Roasted Aubergine Steaks with Sweet Potato
Serving: 2| Cooking time: 60 minutes | Skill: Easy
"A flavourful recipe, featuring a miso marinade, that pairs perfectly with aubergines and sweet potato wedges." Tash x
1 aubergine approx. 370g
320g sweet potato
2 tbsp brown miso paste
1 ¾ cup boiling water
a pinch of Himalayan salt
1 tbsp sunflower oil
- Pre-heat oven to 180 deg
- With a potato peeler, peel the aubergine & roughly spread the brown miso all over it; the best way to do this is with the back of a spoon.
- Place the aubergine on a baking tray. Chop the sweet potato into chunky wedges and place on the same baking tray with the aubergine.
- Pour 1 cup of sunflower oil and 1 cup of water over the sweet potato and aubergine. Sprinkle a pinch of salt over the sweet potato, and put into the pre-heated oven.
- After 30 minutes, pour another ½ cup of water into the base of the baking tray, and put back into the oven for anther 20 minutes. Repeat with adding ¼ cup of water, and put back into the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Check the aubergine is cooked by putting a knife into the centre of it; if it is ready, it will easily slide in and out, and will be soft on the inside.
- Take it out of the oven. Mix the chopped parsley through the potato wedges and serve on a plate.
- Slice the aubergine into thick 2cm steaks and serve over the top of the potatoes.
- If there is no sauce in the bottom of the baking tray add 3 tbsp of water to loosen up the miso and pour the miso gravy over the top of the steaks.
- Garnish with cracked pepper.