Gluten Free Buns
Serves: 6 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 20 minutes | Cooking Skills: Moderate
"Teff is a great gluten free flour to bake with as its so light and fluffy. Great as a burger bun or try toasted with coconut oil with nut butter or a poached egg!" Tash x
- 100g gluten free bread flour
- 150g brown teff flour
- 1 tbsp coconut palm sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 250g plant milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp xantham
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp quick yeast
- Pre-heat oven to 190 deg fan
- Mix in a bowl the gluten free bread flour, teff flour, coconut palm sugar, salt, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, xantham gum and quick yeast.
- In a seperate bowl beat the egg in with the milk and oil.
- Create a well in the middle of the dry mixture and add the wet. Combine together until a sticky dough.
- Put some extra gluten free flour onto a surface
- Get a palm full of the sticky dough and drop into the flour and gently form a ball. It’s a very soft mixture. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Put onto a lined baking tray and into the oven for 20 minutes.
- Bring out the oven and cut in half to serve with a veggie burger!