Banana & Pecan Bread
Serving: 1 loaf | Prep time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 40 minutes | Skill: Easy
"The most delicious sweet treat you will ever make! Simple to bake and perfect for afternoon tea. I am really proud of this healthy bake, light and fluffy just like an original wheat based recipe. You can leave out the coconut palm sugar to make it completely sugar free. Serve it with nut butter for the perfect breakfast." Tash x
100g ground almonds
260g gluten free flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
½ tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
1 tsp xantham gum
75g coconut palm sugar
250ml brown rice milk
100ml sunflower oil
260g mashed banana (approx. 2)
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 organic free range eggs
130g diced banana (approx. 1)
70g chopped pecans
- Pre-heat oven to 180 deg fan
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper and put to one side.
- Weigh out the ground almonds, gluten free flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, Himalayan salt, xantham gum and coconut palm sugar and mix together.
- In a blender put the milk, sunflower oil, 2 bananas, vanilla essence and blend until smooth then beat in the eggs.
- Finely dice the 3rd banana and chop the pecans.
- Mix the wet mixture into the dried until completely incorporated then stir in the diced bananas and pecans.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and into the oven. Make sure its in the middle as the loaf will rise a lot and if too close to the top of the oven it will hit the top and you wont be able to get it out.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until a knife comes out clean.