Serving: 9 | Prep time: 20 minutes | Cooking Time: 30 minutes | Skill: Simple
Everyone loves a brownie so i thought why not create a halloween inspired one! If you can't get pumpkin then use butternut squash or sweet potato. Its such a yummy icing you could use on cakes as well! Tash x
170g cup rice flour
50 cup raw cacao
300g pumpkin or butternut squash
1/4 cup 60mls hot water
200ml sunflower oil
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1tsp baking powder
1tsp xantham gum
1/4 tsp pink salt
140g coconut palm sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
100g Pumpkin or butternut squash
60ml coconut oil
1. Preheat your oven to 175°C
2. Grease and line a baking tray.
3. Prepare your pumpkin puree by removing the skin & seeds and cut into 2cm chunks, Steam until soft (about 10 minutes). Make sure you steam the pumpkin for the icing as well but keep to one side do not blend with the dates in step 5.
4. Soak the dates for 10 minutes in warm water
5. Put into a blender with the soaked dates and excess water and blend until smooth
6. Combine the rice flour, raw cacao, bicarb, baking powder, xantham and coconut palm sugar in a bowl.
7.In a separate bowl mix together your pumpkin and date puree, agave, sunflower oil and vanilla essence. Once combined add to the dry ingredients and stir until there are no lumps.
8. Pour the mixture into a greased and lined cake tin or baking tray and bake for 30 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
To make the icing:
While the brownies are in the oven, blend the pumpkin puree with the coconut oil and agave and put into the fridge to set for 30 minutes. Then ice the brownies.
Optional garnish with chopped nuts