Tamari Marinated Tofu Skewers
Serves 2-3 | Prep Time: 30 minutes | Cooking Time: 25mins
Just because summer is over doesn't mean we need to pack away the old BBQ utensils. Tofu tastes of nothing so adding a flavour is important to enjoying your dinner! Tamari is a wheat free soya sauce which is delicious. If you can marinate these over night the flavours with explode in your mouth. Tash x
360g hard tofu
1 fennel bulb
1 tsp rice wine vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic
1 inch fresh ginger
Pre-heat oven to 180 deg
1. Drain the tofu and cut into 1 inch cubes.
2. To make the marinade put all ingredients into a blender and blitz up until completely smooth. If you don’t have a great blender grate or crush the garlic and ginger into the mixture and then blend.
3. Pour over the tofu and leave to marinade for at least 30 minutes if you can leave for longer or over night the better.
4. Chop the veg into 1-2 inch chunks to mirror the tofu and pour 3 tbsp of the marinade over the top. Put into a pre-heated oven for 15 minutes.
5. Take out of the oven and skewer the vegetables and tofu evenly (will make 4 skewers) at this point either put them on the BBQ or put back into the oven for 10 minutes.
6. Serve with the rest of the marinade poured over the top and a fresh salad.