Roasted Brussels Sprout and pea salad
Serves 6 (as a side) | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 25 minutes | Skill: Easy
500g brussels sprouts
1 tsp sunflower oil
1/4tsp ground cumin
1 clove garlic
1 white onion
1 tsp ground coriander
1 lemon and zest
400g savoy cabbage
1 tsp brown rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
230g frozen peas
20g chopped parsley
1/2 cup water
- Pre- heat oven to 175 deg fan
- Prepare the brussels sprouts by chopping the root end off and slicing in half. Put into a baking tray and cover with 1 tsp sunflower oil, pinch salt and ground cumin. Put into the oven for 20-25 minutes until soft and golden
- Mean while slice the onion and garlic and put into a pan with 1 tsp sunflower oil and the ground coriander.
- Chop the cabbage into strips.
- Sautee the onion, garlic for 2 minutes until the onions start to go translucent. Add 1/4 cup water and keep string.
- Add the cabbage and the vinegar, pinch salt and the rest of the water
- As the cabbage starts to wilt add the lemon zest and juice to the pan and stir.
- Stir in the chopped parsley and a pinch of salt to season.
- Add the frozen peas and stir for 1 minute until they heat up. Take off the heat.
- Take the brussels sprouts out of the oven and mix into the cabbage.
- Serve with the rest of your sunday or christmas roast!