Egg Fried 'Cauli Rice'
Serves 2 | prep time: 5 minutes | cooking time: 6 minutes | Skill: Simple
My take on traditional egg fried rice, using cauliflower as the rice. You can also substitute the cauliflower and use pre-cooked quinoa which works really well. This is perfect as a quick dinner or a side dish to maybe some marinated tofu. Tash x
- Chop the cauliflower into florets and put into a food processor (not a blender); if you don’t have a food processor, you can use a grater, which uses a little more man power!
- In a large frying pan, heat the sunflower oil with diced garlic and cumin seeds for 1 minute on a medium to high heat. Then add the cauli ‘rice’ and stir until all the spices and garlic are evenly spread for a further minute.
- Add 3 tbsp water to the pan with the frozen peas, spring onions and tamari, before mixing it together, and reducing the heat slightly to medium for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Push all the mixture to one side of the pan to create the space to crack the eggs. Crack the two eggs like you are going to fry them and add the remaining 2 tbsp water around the edges of the whites. Leave for 30 seconds to 1 minute until the whites of the eggs are solid. With a spatula or wooden spoon, fold the eggs, breaking up the yolk and white, and mix into the rest of the mixture. This method will ensure the eggs hold together, and look folded, rather than simply scrambled into the mixture.
- Add in the salt and pepper to season and serve.
Shop your Cauli Rice ingredients in our Marketplace: