Turmeric Masala Curry
Serves 4 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 15 minutes | Skill: Simple
There is nothing more delicious than a home made curry and the spice turmeric is abundant in Indian cuisine and the best part it has so many health benefits. It helps to boost your immune system and is also a natural stimulant. I love putting it into all my cooking but remember it dyes everything so wear gloves if you are grating it fresh! Tash x
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 white onion diced
1 clove garlic diced
2 inch fresh turmeric grated (or 1 tbsp ground)
½ tsp cumin
1 tbsp garam masala
2 inch ginger diced
400ml coconut milk
400g tomatoes quartered
300g sweet potato 2 inch cubes
100g green beans
100g frozen peas
15g fresh coriander
- In a deep pan add the coconut oil, white onion, garlic, fresh turmeric, cumin, garam masala and ginger and sauté on a medium heat for 3-4 minutes until the spices are completely coating the rest and starting to dry out.
- Add the coconut milk, chopped tomatoes and leave on a medium heat with the lid on for 5 minutes.
- Add the sweet potato and leave with the lid on for another 7 minutes.
- Take the lid off and add the green beans, broccoli, and peas and leave for 3 minutes until they become soft.
- Take off the heat when all vegetables are soft and stir in the fresh coriander.
- Serve with brown rice and garnish with coriander.