Green Pancakes stuffed with Mushrooms & Kale
Serves 2 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 15 minutes | Skill: Moderate
Having a filling, green breakfast like this will set you up for the day. Packed full of alkalising greens and protein, it's the perfect option for pancake day! I created this recipe specially for the Pullman's St. Pancras Intelligent Breakfast.
½ sliced red onion
1 clove garlic
1 tsp sunflower oil
Pinch Himalayan sea salt
6 tbsp water
6 tbsp water
6 tbsp goats yoghurt, coconut yoghurt or sheep's yoghurt.
To make the kefir yoghurt. Weigh out the sheep's yoghurt and stir in the packet of cultures into 2 tbsp of the yoghurt then add the rest and stir for 10 minutes until dissolved. Put into a warm place for 24 hours. Then put into the fridge it will last for 4-5 days.
For the pancake:
- Pour boiling water over the spinach so it wilts and squeeze any excess water out.
- Blend together the spinach and rice milk until smooth.
- whisk in the egg and sunflower oil into the spinach mixture.
- Weigh and mix the dried ingredients into a bowl.
- Slowly stir in the dried ingredients into the wet mixture.
- Heat a pan with 1 tsp of sunflower oil and pour half the mixture in to the pan evenly. Leave to cook for 1-2 minutes until its golden brown then flip over and cook on the other side till golden brown and take off the heat. Repeat for another pancake.
For the filling:
- Thinly slice the onion and sauté in the pan with slices of garlic in the sunflower oil for 1 minute until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté for 1 minute and add 6tbsp water and leave for another minute.
- Push the mushrooms to one side of the pan and add the kale, lime juice and rest of the water and leave to wilt in the steam. Take off the heat.
To serve open the pancake and put the kale and mushrooms on one side and 3 tbsp of yoghurt over the top and chopped coriander. Fold the pancake over the filling.
Shop your Green Pancakes ingredients here: