15 Minute Flatbread Pizza
Serves: 2 pizzas | Prep time: 10 minutes | cooking time: 15 minutes
1 red pepper
1 sprig rosemary
115g Goats cheese
Salt and pepper
1 avocado sliced
There are two ways to make the pizza base; either you can bake it or fry it. Baking it gives a crispier edge, where as frying it will give it a wood-oven, smoky taste. I will give you both methods below;
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg.
- To make the dough, combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and mix together. Add in the yoghurt and bring together to form a dough.
- Split the dough into two and flatten each piece out onto an oiled piece of baking paper. Try and get it as thin as possible - approximately 2mm thick.
For the Toppings:
- While you are frying the dough, chop the red pepper into slices, before placing onto a baking try with the rosemary and a tsp of sunflower oil for 10 minutes (or pop in the oven at the same time, if you choose to bake the bases).
- Boil a pan of water, with 1 tablespoon of salt in the water. Once the water has reached a rolling boil drop in the broccoli florets for 2-3 minutes until soft and bright green.
- Strain the water and put the broccoli into a blender with the goats cheese and blend until smooth. Season with a pinch of salt and cracked pepper.
- Get a large frying pan, into which the already flattened out dough will fit into. If you don’t have a large enough pan in which the pizza can fit, make the dough into four small pizzas and do one at a time.
- Pour 1 tsp of either sunflower or coconut oil into the base of the pan and leave to come to temperature on a medium to high heat. Pick up the dough with the baking paper still underneath it, and flip the dough side down into the pan, pulling the baking paper off the side that is facing upwards.
- Carefully, get a spatula underneath the edges to loosen the dough, so it doesn’t stick to the pan. Leave to cook for approximately 2 minutes until golden, before flipping over and leave until it turns golden on the other side. Take off the heat and put to one side; then repeat the same process with the other pizza base.
- Put the pizza bases on the baking paper onto a baking tray and put into a pre-heated oven for 10 minutes. Once done bring out to put the topping on.
- Spread the broccoli cheese evenly over the pizza bases, and put the sliced avocado over the top with the roasted red peppers.
- Put back into the oven for 8 minutes and serve with some fresh rocket and chilli.
Did you know you can get healthy ingredients in our market place?! We want to make life easy for you!