Raw Chocolate Coconut Orange Creams
There is nothing more delicious than sinking your teeth into a chocolate, especially if its made by you, as its even better knowing there is no refined sugar in it at all! The filling of this is insanely good - I often make extra and pop it into an ice-cream maker, before keeping it in the fridge for a night when an ice-cream craving hits! Raw cacao butter is chocolate in its finest form - it smells like chocolate but tastes of very diluted chocolate - its quite odd actually! It’s the part of making chocolate that sets it. Tash x
45g coconut cream
1 tbsp orange essence
1 tbsp sugared agave or xylitol
1 tsp desiccated coconut
120g raw cacao butter
6 tbsp cacao powder
3-4 tbsp coconut blossom syrup or agave
4 tsp orange essence
- Get an ice-cube or chocolate mold, making sure it is wiped completely dry.
- To make the filling, first soak the cashews in water for 30 minutes and drain. Put the drained cashews in a blender with the coconut milk, orange essence, sugared agave or xylitol and blend until velvety smooth. Mix in the desiccated coconut. Put mixture into a shallow bowl and place into the freezer to firm up while you make the chocolate
- To make the raw chocolate, melt the raw cacao butter in a bain marie and transfer into a bowl. Add the cacao powder, syrup, orange essence and salt and whisk until completely combined
- Spoon enough chocolate mixture into the molds to fill 1/3 of each hole then put into the freezer to set for approximately 5 minutes.
- Take the cream filling and the chocolate molds out of the freezer and scoop small pea sized bits of cream onto the set chocolate with the handle end of the spoon, making sure not to touch the sides of the mold
- Pour over the rest of the melted chocolate so it covers the cream and starts to spill over the sides
- Place back into the freezer for 10-15 minutes until solid
- Once set, pop the chocolates from the mold and keep in the fridge in tupperware for up to 3 weeks.
Shop your Raw chocolate orange creams in our marketplace;