Millet Salad Stuffed Sweet Potato
Serves 2-3 | prep time: 10 minutes | cooking time: 30-55 minutes | Skill: Simple
1 large or 2 small sweet potatoes (you need roughly 300g cooked flesh)
100g millet grain
2 tsp vegetable Boullion stock powder
750ml boiling water
180g courgette, chopped into 1/2cm cubes (roughly 1 medium courgette)
100g red pepper, chopped into 1cm cubes (roughly 1 red pepper)
1 carrot, ribboned with a peeler
1 spring onion, finely chopped on an angle
2 tsps sunflower oil
1 clove garlic
1 tbsp ground coriander
1 cup of water
Juice of ½ a lemon
2 tsps apple cider vinegar
¼ tsp Himalayan salt
Pinch of cracked black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees (fan) Slice the sweet potato in half, and cover in 1 tsp sunflower oil. Put into the oven. Depending, on its size, it will take between 30-55 minutes, until the centre is soft.
- In a pan, heat the water with Boullion stock powder. Add the millet, and leave to cook for 20 minutes. Run under cold water in a sieve straight away, in order to rinse away the starch, and leave to drain until the sweet potato is cooked.
- Dice the courgette and red pepper, ribbon the carrots, and slice the spring onions.
- Once the sweet potato and millet is ready, heat the sunflower oil in a large frying pan, with the sliced garlic and ground coriander for 1 minute. Add the courgette, carrot and pepper with ½ a cup of the water, and leave to simmer for 4-6 minutes.
- Scoop out the inside of the sweet potato, making sure that you keep the skin intact. Mash the flesh with a fork, and mix into the millet grain with the salt, until fully combined.
- Mix the sweet potato and millet grain into the vegetables, adding the spring onion, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and chopped parsley, until combined.
- Stuff the millet filling back into the sweet potato skins, and serve.
Shop your Millet Salad Stuffed Sweet Potato ingredients in the Marketplace: