Protein Granola Cookies
200g rolled oats
20g hulled hemp seeds
110g figs chopped
3 tbsp) chia seeds
9 tbsp water
140g pre-cooked quinoa (approx 70g raw)
20g rice protein
70g agave or rice syrup
1 tsp cinnamon
50g pumpkin seeds
45g coconut oil
- If you haven't got pre-cooked quinoa, start by cooking your quinoa, before cooling in a sieve.
- Pre- heat oven to 175 deg fan
- Put the oats, hemp seeds, chopped figs, chia seeds, water, cooked quinoa, rice protein, rice syrup, cinnamon, pumpkin seeds and coconut oil in a food processor. Mix this together until a chunky mixture forms, but try not to over blend.
- If you want to have granola, rather than protein cookies, put into a tray at this stage, and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- If you want them as cookies, mix in 2 beaten eggs, and put into a food processor; blend until combined. You still want some texture to the mixture.
- Make into palm sized patties and put on to a baking sheet.
- Put into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden in colour
- Leave to cool and enjoy with a cup of tea.
Below image of the same recipe minus the eggs! granola!
Shop your Protein Granola Cookies ingredients in the Marketplace: