Celeriac Hot Pot
Serves 2-3 | Prep Time - 10 mins | Cooking Time - 30 mins
½ a red onion, sliced
1 clove of garlic
1 tbsp sunflower oil
2 cardamom pods
1/4 tsp celery seeds
1 tsp cumin
30g cavolo nero
1 tbsp vegetable Bouillon
2 cups water (500ml)
- In a pan sauté the red onion and garlic in the sunflower oil on a medium heat and add the cardamom pods, celery seeds, cumin and cook until the oil has been absorbed.
- Add ¼ cup of water and the bouillon and leave to simmer again, letting the water absorb all the flavours of the spices.
- Dice the celeriac, parsnips and carrots into the same size 2cm squared.
- Add the diced celeriac, parsnips, carrots to the pan and coat with all the spices. Add the rest of the water and leave to simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Finely chop the cavolo nero and mix into the other veg on a low heat until it becomes soft.
- Add the chopped parsley and chives and stir in.
- Serve with Mashed Sweet Potatoes or on its own.